Thursday, May 28, 2009

Views Of The Back Yard

This little guy, or girl (I'll probably never get close enough to figure that out) was hanging out in the little section of yard behind my cabin earlier this evening. This was probably about the third time in a week or so that I stepped back inside and slipped the bigger lens on my camera with the hope that Mr. or Ms. Bunny would hang around long enough for me to get a few shots.

I'm looking forward to the long zoom lens that will allow me to shoot from considerably farther away without as much chance of spooking the wildlife. For this shot I ended up flat on my belly, inching my way close enough to just about fill the frame before my subject decided I was too close and bounced off into the edge of the trees. One of the things that's kind of cool in this image is that the shape of the cabin is reflected in the eye . . . sharp angles against all the curves.

There's a precocious chipmunk hanging around too, but those little farts won't hold still for nothing, so I'm still working on that shot.

No comments: