Saturday, March 21, 2009

Is Winter About Over?

Although I have a fascination with ice and snow, I'm really looking forward to warmer weather and the different possibilities for images that come with it. I'm about all wintered out. Strange, considering I used to be a champion sled dog racer.

These two images both come from along the shore of Lake Superior and the many varieties of ice that form there. The little patch of snow over the ice came out better than most of my other snow efforts. The patterns with the warmth of the light make it work. The second image is solid ice about fifty feet out from the shore. Yes that's really ice. I had to play with the contrast and color in Photoshop to bring out the personality of the image, but the geometric shapes are just what I saw in the camera viewfinder.

No comments: